Tuesday, October 24, 2017

CREATIVE CARD CHICKS - October

There are times when I actually surprise myself. This is one of those times.

I posted a couple of months back that I belonged to a card swap group on Splitcoast Stampers. Until this month, I've not posted on time - or at all with the exception of one month until now.
1) I was determined to get my cards posted on time
2) this kit spoke to me.

StampinSpooky was our hostess this month. She used mostly SU products, including DSP from the Venetian Romance paper pack (SU - 2013-2014).
Colors that coordinated with the DSP:
Powder Pink
Tangerine Tango
Soft Suede
Island Indigo

The images are from Postage Due (SU)

I added:
Sage Shadow
Mint Macaron
Decorative Label Punch
Bitty Butterfly Punch
Love N Sympathy (stamp)
Thoughts N Prayers (stamp)
Heartfelt Sympathy (stamp)
Just Add Text (stamp)
Pearls

Next month, I'll try to remember to photograph the kit. In the mean time, here are the three cards I came up with:


The large image, the postage stamp and the dsp strip were from the kit. I added Island Indigo as a base and a mat then punched the lace border in white.

Again, the large image, the postage stamp and this time, the scallop was included in the kit.

I used a leftover piece of the DSP to inspire a sympathy card I'll be needing in the coming days:


I used Mint Macaron to stamp the images and for one of the butterflies. 

As I type this, I have been informed that Mike has passed and now Chrissy is left to build a new life without him. Chrissy is a strong southern belle but I think in cases as this, strength only goes so far. My heart aches for her and I hope the card brings her some comfort.






2 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards. Sending love to you and Chrissy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really used the kit to the utmost. Love all your cards. Hugs, Maggie

    ReplyDelete