Friday, October 6, 2017

13 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN - Day 6



As I prepare to decorate the house for Halloween, I wanted to have something that reflects Bob's personality. He collects 'skull' type items and dragons. So when I saw THIS on Pinterest I knew I needed one for Bob's desk or on the table between our recliners.


In the picture you'll see Rustoleum Glitter paint. After a few sprays, the nozzle clogged. The spray also didn't come out as black as I wanted it. I wound up raiding hubby's shop and found a can of black. 

I found the skulls at $Tree, the candle at Hobby Lobby as well as the terra cotta saucers.

In the original, she painted the skulls black. I thought the skulls needed to remain their natural tone. So this is what I came up with:


I want to add either a skull or dragon charm to the side of the candle. I thought I had one in my Tim Holtz items but apparently not. I'll have to pick one up to finish it up when we go to the city next.

Tomorrow, I bring you another take on the card from Day 3.

In the mean time, I'd love to hear your opinion. Would you have followed the Pinterest example and painted the skulls, or do you like them al natural?

Creative Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment