Tuesday, June 27, 2017

MONTHLY CARD CHALLENGE - Let's Get Beachy!

I belong to a Monthly Challenge Group on Splitcoast stampers. The first of each month someone has a month to send out a standard envelope of goodies for us to play with. Then between the 21-24th we post pics of the cards we made. We can add to whatever's in the envelope to make the cards our own.

We were given the DSP, the blue paper in the first card, 2 copies of the girls' image, the enamel dots, flip flop stickers and 2 each of 2 different sentiments.

I was a bit busy with the girls last week so my cards didn't go up until last night.

But here's what I came up with:


For this first card, I mounted the sun DSP and the blue paper to a Brown Sugar card base. I colored the ladies using colored pencils then fussy cut around them. Then I colored the umbrella and cut it out of the second image and popped it up on top of the first for a bit of dimension. Then I used dimensionals on the entire image to allow the ladies to create a bit of shadow. The yellow button and fiber were also from the kit.



I went simple on this one. The dsp is mounted on a Melon Mambo card base. The other mats are Tempting Turquoise. 

I had fun with this kit once I figured out what I wanted to do. I can't wait to see who has July and what they send us.

Creative Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, these are such fun cards, love them both x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Kelly. I like how you gave dimension to the image on card no. 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Kelly! I love them both. The flip-flop paper is so cute.

    ReplyDelete