Monday, November 7, 2016

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Conference Gifts

Last week I told you about attending the writing conference in Eureka Springs AR. The Ozark Creative Writer's conference is a multi-genre conference and more like a family reunion for me than business. I get to see friends I only get to physically visit with on this particular weekend every year - Always the 2nd weekend in October.

Each year, anywhere from two - four of us share a room. I always put little gifts on the beds for my roomies the day we arrive. Here's what I put in this year:


I was inspired by the treat tubes from the Stampin' Up September Paper Pumpkin kit. I included a single serve instant coffee in each tube. (the second one over is hot cocoa for the non-coffee drinker)


I put a tube in each coffee mug, along with an ink pen, a Linder Truffle, Coffee cup shaped Paper Clip from The Paper Studios and a flash drive. The coffee mugs were from Dollar Tree.

The candles were special this year because of the 50th anniversary of the conference. Each 1/2 pint mason jar holds a led tea light candle. I printed out a verse on Velum:

It' a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together
Then OCW 2016 to mark the occasion.

I wrapped the neck of each in a strip of burlap ribbon and orange ribbon. The wooden leaf shapes are left over from the August Paper Pumpkin.

Little gifts do n ot take much but can bring a huge smile or warm fuzzy to someone. One of the gals who received a candle jar is my very best friend of all the board members at OCW. Chrissy's husband, Mike, has terminal bone cancer. They say he is on his last round of the meds they can give him... possibly no more than 6 months left. We all hope and pray Mike is with us longer but each day is a whisper to Chrissy of what is to come. She sent me a message after she got home and unpacked, thanking me again for the candle and how much she is blessed.

How can you bless someone with your creativity? I hope you'll create, post and share what you've made. Inspire us all!

Creative Blessings!
Kel





No comments:

Post a Comment