Monday, October 24, 2016

MIXED MEDIA MONDAY - Happy Birthday to Me!

Sorry I've been absent for a couple of weeks. After my last post I attended a writers' conference in Eureka Springs AR. This was our 50th anniversary and I've attended the past 25 consecutive years. This year was a banner year and my life has been on a tilt - a- whirl ever since.

News From Conference:
Beginning with the spring issue of Saddlebag Dispatches, I will have a regular entertainment column. My first deadline is Nov. 1!!

I pitched a manuscript to the editor. He wants the full manuscript in his hands by December 1-ish. I have some rewrites to incorporate points we discussed. Going to be a busy November.

I've been asked to speak at the Storyteller's Conference in March... on Blogging. Now that I have 8, I think I've got this one figured out. I've also spoke on blogging to a much smaller group so I'm good. No real prep for this one.

The same editor has also asked me to help with the social media aspect of the publishing house.

The day after I got home from conference... Bob came home 2 days early. So not a lot of crafting/ work going on. He may leave out on Wednesday. We're waiting for confirmation.

With all of this on my plate, I will try to keep updated here but posts will be spotty until after that Dec. 1 deadline. Immediate business will come first, followed by reconstructing the manuscript. Card making/ crafting time will be my 'breather'.

Speaking of Crafting....


Okay... so my birthday was two days shy of a month a go. I'm going to claim I've been celebrating all month long. I didn't even open my birthday cards until after Bob got home two weeks ago so we could look at them together.

Thank you to everyone who sent a card and/ or well wishes on FB. They really made turning 55 pleasureable.

So today's post is all about the FABULOUS creations that arrived in my mailbox.


Karen and Catherine


Linda and Kathy


Sharon and Maggie


Shirley and Ann

This last card - I have to show you the inside as well as the front. Jan has become one of my bestie buddies. She lives in Spain but is stateside a couple of times a year for extended visits with her grandsons. She made this card and mailed it while they were in the states over the summer.  The detail not just in the stamp but in her coloring is just amazing!

I asked Jan about the stamp she used. Here was her reply:
The card is made from La Pashe CD, it prints all the parts out and you have to fold the card and add the parts



I've enlarged this one so you can see the details. I especially like the card stuck to the crafters bottom. LOL.

I'm trying to get some cards made this week and up on both blogs. 










2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all your new endeavors! I know you will do well! And, what lovely cards you got on your Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new gig. I'm sure you'll do great with the blog and the writing. Looks like a lot of great cards for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete