Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Technique Tuesday - Rollin' along!



One of the things I'm striving for now that I have my studio almost done, is to try new techniques. This week I had the perfect opportunity to try Beverly Stewart's Plaid Background technique. You can see the full tutorial on Splitcoast HERE  This is my attempt at reproducing the Faulkner tartan (plaid)

I used the following colors:
Brilliant Blue
Crumb Cake
Real Red
Summer Fun
Blushing Bride
Daffodil Delight (mat)

The sentiment is from Heartfelt Sympathy.

This card is going to my bestie from High School. Karen was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. She's had the mass removed but will still undergo chemo and probably radiation. She is not dealing well at all. I ache for what she is going through. She needs lots of encouragement. To this week, she is the featured recipient on our Teapot Tuesday group at Splitcoast Stampers. (See How It Works) If you love making cards and want someplace to send them, I hope you'll become a teapotter. We really do have lots of fun bringing smiles and encouragement to others all over the country.  

One of the things Karen and I enjoyed most was music... specifically,  the Fab Five from Edinburgh - The Bay City Rollers. Her fav member was Eric Faulkner so I did my best to reproduce the Faulkner tartan on the front of the card.  


And since I can't be there for Karen in person right now, I sent our Fab Five in my place - in the form of a Pop Up (another technique I'd not tried).


I hope Karen receives lots of cards and can work through this difficult time in her life - with a little help from her friends. 

Here's a flashback for y'all.  Keep Rolllin'!





No comments:

Post a Comment