Thursday, September 22, 2016

TECHNIQUE THURSDAY - Criss Cross Chopped!


A couple of weeks ago, I took part in Tickle A Teapotter. This is part of the Teapot Tuesday but on a month with five Tuesdays, we are given the name of a fellow teapotter to send a card to. This month's hostess is a fan of all things FoodNetwork, especially CHOPPED.  I am also a fan of the show. I spent several days with the card in my head, planning everything out so that I could bring the components together.

I knew I wanted to do a Criss Cross card. You can find the tutorial HERE on SplitcoastStampers tutorials.

Since I didn't have any basket weave patterned paper left, I used what is more of a birch bark print from a retired SU DSP - Frosted Lodge. I matted the paper against SU Soft Suede.

One thing that will get a contestant chopped quicker than anything is lack of seasoning. I used the S & P border strip from retired SU DSP - Domestic Goddess. The bowl with the 'adding' ingredients is also from that collection.

For the inside card, I borrowed graphics from the Chopped website.
The front of the mat shows Host, Ted Allen, announcing the basket ingredients to be used in the Entree round of competition. I used the mini curly label punch (Retired SU) as the tab for the card and accented with a timer cut from the Domestic Goddess paper:



As in chopped, once the 30 minutes is over, the Judging begins:



Will you be chopped?



No comments:

Post a Comment