Thursday, August 4, 2016

SPLITCOAST DTGD - Open Challenge

Dare To Get Dirty  or DTGD is one of the many areas of fun at Splitcoast Stampers. Normally, the challenges are open to Fan Club members only. While using Splitcoast is Free, for a nominal fee you can get a few perks... like participating in the Dare To Get Dirty challenges.

The challenge this time was to use something from our stash we hadn't used before. I knew I wanted to use the Country Livin' stamp set from SU. I'd recently purchased the set along with a few others. Well, I wound up using two of the other sets as well.  One Big Meaning and Timeless Textures.


I used the worn wood stamp from Timeless Textures and the ghost stamping technique for the background. I used Chocolate Chip on Soft Suede. I'd stamp one full ink image, then a second ghost image before re-inking the stamp and repeating. I sort of stamped in 2 'columns'. On the left I started with full ink, then on the right I stamped in ghost. 

For the sentiment, I used Thanks Kindly from One Big Meaning. I masked off 'kindly' on the stamp and stamped Thanks. Then I masked the Thanks off and stamped kindly. This allowed me to move the 'kindly' to the left a bit more.

I tore the edges, inked with chocolate chip and adhered to the card front. I used the Venetian Crocheted Trim. 

Felt good to be making a card again instead of organizing all the time. I had one of my Texas music artists in mind when I made this. Libby Koch has been super sweet in allowing me access to her music. 

Next week, as pain meds allow, I'll be showcasing more cards. I would like to participate in the 52 Christmas Cards challenge at least once this year and I still have a shot at getting a card on the SU blog for my division's Color Challenge... Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black and Sahara Sand.

Till next week, Creative Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Fab card. No idea why I've now got Stand by your Man playing in my head though! Cara x

    ReplyDelete